What is Sketch Up?
My PBL project is 3D design with Sketch Up application. Sketch Up was developed by google and quickly it became a popular free 3D design application. Recently it was sold to another company and it's not free anymore but TEA provides free to all public schools in Texas.
3D Design with SketchUp
SketchUp is a computer program in which you can create both simple and complex 3D models fairly easily. SketchUp was originally developed by Google (so it is often called ‘Google SketchUp’) but has since been sold to Trimble. Currently there is a free and ‘pro’ version of the program available.
What can you do with the free version of Sketch up?
- Easily create a 3D drawing that approximate real life objects.
- Make models that are almost as detailed as you have time to make them.
- Share models through 3D warehouse, export images in many different formats, or export movies of your work.
How to use SketchUp
I will explain all the tools with step by step instructions and add some samples designs. Watch and Learn.
- Sketch Up
- Screen Capture Application(SNIP, SNAGIT )
Part 1: How to Use Rectangle, Push/Pull, and Eraser Tools
Part 2: How to use Line and Move Tool
Part 3: How to use Offset Tool
Part 4:How to use Move, Zoom, Zoom Extend, Get Models, and Rotate Tools
Part 5: How to use Copy Tool
Part 6: How to use Scale Tool
Part 7: How to use Toolbars
Part 8: How to use Dimension, Text, and 3D Text Tools
Part 9: How to create a sample house
Part 10: How to create an Animation
- What is something you accomplished during this project that you are proud of? Creating a website which helps to learn Sketch Up.
- If you could change one thing that happened during this project, what would it be? Finish the project before Daniel .
- What are the three most important things you learned during this project? I learned how to use tools on Sketch up that might benefit me in the future.
- What are six adjectives that best describe this project? Fun, Exciting, Cool, Tolerable, Creative, Distinctive
- What advice would you give students who will participate in this project next year? Start on the project and don't procrastinate or you will fail.